Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ready to rumble

I've just come back from my lung test which seemed positive and was a little bit fun. Tomorrow is the big day of starting chemotherapy and Christy has been given the day off to accompany me (on piano). We sent Laura and Dawn (wonderful in-laws) packing this morning back to New Hampshire and Connecticut respectively after a very fun visit in which I won the train game and the monk game an embarrassing amount of times. They did not let me win. I did it with skill and sneakery. They will be driving all day today. Please pray for their safe arrivals.

I think today, when Christy gets home, we will see if my head looks lumpy without hair. I've been curious on the matter for quite some time and now we'll know. I was excited last week about starting chemo, then I got a bit scared, and now I think I'm excited again ready to get active towards the cure. We've been praying against false hopes,  like statistics and just wishing, and instead have been praying for God's strength, His peace, and trusting Him. Thanks again for your prayers! I'll let you know how it goes.

4 comments:

  1. Braden and Christy,

    This post smacks of Braden and makes me miss the two of you so much! I'm so sorry to hear about your illness. All of my love and prayers are with you both.

    --Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Christy and Braden,

    I am a CM Consultant and Pamela gave me the link to your blog. I want you to know that I will be following your progress and praying for you every step of the way! May God be with you both during this journey; I can see your faith is strong and will provide you the needed comfort in the upcoming months.

    Regards,

    tina bibergall
    Wheaton

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the hostess for the Intercessor Group that meets every Thursday morning. We are praying corporately for you both. When I lost my hair abour 6 years ago, I felt that I looked just like Tom Skilling. Better luck for you (tho we enjoy Tom very much on Channel 9) Joanne Hollatz

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are praying for you guys today! Josh is home from MSP now and catching up. I know he really wants to come see you and make you laugh one weekend, so we'll be in touch.

    Love to you both,
    Whitford

    ReplyDelete